Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Glamour Girl


(Photo copyright © by KC Powers 2006-2007)

My oldest daughter, Glamour Girl, just turned six! Not quite the "D + 80" milestone of nine, but she's growing up. I think she's the most like me out of the kids, in that her personality is a mass of contradictions. For instance, she loves the ballet and dances like a sprite, but is the first one to grab a cardboard tube and start kicking butt when the boys want to play "ninjas".

When she was a baby she couldn't stand me. Glamour Girl only had eyes for Mommy and would scream if I held her. She wouldn't stop until Household Six took over. This made it difficult for Mom to do stuff like take a shower (I guess it didn't help that I stood outside the bathroom with her hysterical baby to motivate Mommy to move with a purpose). Now, she's always right with me when I'm home, telling me she loves me. Glamour Girl, you're the light of life. Love, Daddy

1 comment:

Karen Patton said...

Way to go, Ben. I think your blog is great. Keep it up. Blessings, Karen +AMDG+