Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Getting down to business...

"This image is copyrighted and reproduced with the permission of Clausewitz.com".


“No one starts a war--or rather, no one in his senses ought to do so--without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war and how he intends to conduct it.” - Carl von Clausewitz

I've been away from this blog for a long while. The fall ushered a series of unpleasant anniversaries, which in turn led me to stay away from posting. I imagine I will be avoiding personal posts for some time.
I am embarking on a self directed study of Clausewitz and his applicability to current strategic thought. I've been exposed to his work before in college, through the Army, and in some post-grad work; however I want to complete a systematic study of On War, as well as some of the current literature on Clausewitz's work. I intend to use Let's Go as a repository for my thinking as a conduct my reading and research. Stay tuned...







1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm looking forward to reading your study!